Friday, February 26, 2010

Cruisin'!

Same story...it's late. I'm tired. Sitting on the couch with the laptop. No camera close by. Still no energy to get up and get it. Makenna crawled forward for the first time today!!!! She also got her 2nd tooth last weekend. She is walking around like crazy! Well, while holding on to our fingers. She is pulling up a lot very well. She is holding on to an object, reaching out to another piece of furniture and walking herself to it. Today she was sitting on the livingroom floor, which is laminate wood, and she was using her heels to turn herself in circles. She was totally doing donuts on the floor! We had a good laugh! I just can't believe how big she is getting! We are barely nursing and it is a little sad, but I've accepted it. We nurse a little right when she wakes up, and right before bed. I know I need to cut one of those, then the other, but I'm want to hold on for a few more weeks! Is that bad? I know she isn't getting much because she will drink 5-6 oz of milk afterwards.

Also, Makenna is now 10 months old!! I am already planning the birthday party!! Trying to decide where to have it: A, B, or A and B.

Deborah, my best friend, was induced yesterday. After a long day, baby Brock Andrew was born at 8:33 PM!! He weighed 8 lbs even and was 20 in long. He is so perfect and handsome!! I got to hold him a long time last night and forgot how small they are! I wasn't able to go up to the hospital tonight because Deborah was very tired, but we are going in the morning. Can't wait to see him again! It doesn't seem that Makenna was smaller than that 10 months ago. So many little memories of the hospital came back last night. Just remembering her newborn cry, how she only slept on my tummy because she hated the cradle. It seems like it was yesterday, and also that it was a super long time ago. It made me excited to do it again!...but not too soon!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the crawler! Yea! She almost tied Logan--he was a week and a half older. ha! He couldn't even crawl backward before that though so he shocked us when he just took to it one day! I'd love to see new pictures! I always love reading your updates... not enough of them though. :) As if life is slow for you, right?
    Logan turned 1 this past Monday! Time FLEW!!!! He was walking a lot last week--up to 20 steps but he still crawls mostly. It's so funny though because he'll walk around half the house--up and down the halls--holding on to the walls. He thinks he's big. He has started screaming (a super loud squeal) and objecting a lot and I can hardly leave him alone or all Carson's little toys end up in his mouth, so now I don't envy anyone with early crawlers. He's a handful now! Everyone told us how easy my life was up until then... and they were right!
    Girl... I'd keep nursing until you completely dried up... that way you'll never have the pain of it. THat's what I did. Drying up never hurt at all. I just gradually worked into it. I'm still doing four feedings a day. I don't know when I'll go to two but this is working for now. It's too easy (and cheap) to nurse so I"m not overly anxious to give it up. It doesn't tie me down anymore though so that's the good thing.
    Sorry this is a book. I tried to copy it and paste in an e-mail but it wouldn't let me. Hope you have a great weekend! I want to call and chat sometime when I get a free minute. I miss talking to you! Are you guys thinking of going to the Wilkirson reunion this summer--second weekend of July? Hope so! It would be fun with more of our family going.

    Love to all three of you...
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, nurse all you can, while you can! There is no rule on when you should stop, everyone is different! You will know when the time is right for both of you to stop. Good luck1

    ReplyDelete