Sunday, March 7, 2010

Happy Birthday, Babe!

Today is my hubby's 27th birthday!! We had a great celebration with lots of family. Although, it was very sad for me because Makenna went home with GiGi and Pops for the first time....for 2 nights!!!!! I may or may not have cried when she left, but most definitely did! I have never been away from my baby! It was very hard. I have to be at school for over 3 hours tomorrow night, so I needed someone to be with her, and it was easier for Makenna to go back with GiGi and Pops tonight since they came down for Brady's birthday. Last night was also my last time to nurse her ever, so it has really been an emotional weekend for me!

I'm ready for Tuesday when I can see my baby again! Unfortunately I have a staff meeting after school, so I can't rush home to see her. :(

Makenna is doing some more new tricks! She is shaking her head no, and blowing lots of spit bubbles! I attempted for the last time to give her some baby food yesterday, and she totally gagged herself and gave me the worst look ever! She is completely done with baby food! Today we ordered her a kids meal for the very first time. We went to Sonic and got her a grilled cheese with a banana and apple juice. She like it okay. She hasn't been too hungry these last few days because she has been a little constipated. I did the thermometer trick this morning and it worked a little. As I am writing this, I am again sad and am missing her like crazy!

Anyhoo, this Thursday is mine and Brady's 4th wedding anniversary!! Each year we go by the traditional gift list. Brady has already ordered me a gift and he is sooo excited about it! It's so cute to see his face light up when he talked about getting it ordered! And my m-i-l says that I will love it! I can't wait!!! Now I have to still figure something out for him. I have an idea, although it doesn't involved flowers. Anyone out there have an idea?

I know I still haven't posted any pics. I have a ton of super cute ones! Including the last two nights of Makenna sleeping on her tummy with her tushy up in the air! I will one day go into the office and post them. Please stay tuned!! Good night and God bless!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous! I looooove my babies but a free night every now and then would be a dream come true. ha! We don't have grandparents on either side that keep kids (of any age!) overnight! You are soooo blessed.... and Karen is so loving that you know Makenna is well taken care of! So enjoy your time... while you miss her like crazy! :)
    I can't believe she's completely off of baby food at 10 months. I've never heard of a baby that determined! Logan almost never eats people food--except for steamed veggies at night or something. It's so pathetic. We need to figure out other stuff for him to eat that's not baby food! Oh... and he got the flu Friday from his siblings and got over it without any problems but now he has croup that he caught from Carson... so say a prayer! It's so sad to hear him at night--and we're exhausted going through three kids plus Jason in a week with the flu! Nights are interesting to say the least. :(

    Have a great week! It's our spring break so we're going to enjoy having our baby girl home with the boys!
    Love you girl!
    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete