Sunday, April 25, 2010

Happy First Birthday, Makenna!!



Makenna is now 1 year old!! I can hardly believe it! This has been the best and exciting year of our life! It has truly been a joy watching her grow and discover new things! Saturday she said "bye-bye" for the first time! Before it was 'ba-ba". Now she is really sounding it out! Also, she was trying to say bath tonight but came out "ba". She looooves her baths! We have to spell out the word now if we aren't giving it to her directly.

Well, we had a very busy and exciting weekend! So many family members and friends came and it really made us feel loved and special! I was uploading the pics in a certain order, but blogspot added them on top of each other for every new group of pics I uploaded, so it is all messed up. Oh well!

In the above picture, Makenna is sitting in her special chair she got from her Aunt Shelly, Uncle Jody, Christine, Zach, and Honey-the-Rescue-Dog. We love it and she has loved sitting in it and pulling up in it! It is so adorable! Thanks!!!!!
This is her little cake. Market Street did a fabulous job!
GiGi made this cute poster!
Makenna felt a little overwhelmed and was kinda clingy to me. She got better though. I did make her tutu, onesie, and bib. We were just about to sing to her.
This sums up the cake part! She cried after I stuck some icing in her mouth. She really isn't a fan of sweets!
This was her favorite part of opening up presents. She loved her goldfish from Nana and Popsie!
The birthday outfit was build around this adorable party hat that she received from Judy Dodson at her baby shower last year. It is soooo adorable! We love it! Thanks Judy!!
Makenna's special banner. I didn't realize it was hard core vinyl. I could cover up all the 1's somehow and use it every year! Yes, it was a princess themed party!
Here is her highchair.
Here is a close-up o the party hat.
Her yummy cake that Market Street made to match her napkins.
This was Makenna's first cake on her actual birthday. She loved the sprinkles!!
Then she dug in!
It made her mad to feel it on her hand, but she kept doing it!
GiGi got her this special outfit to wear on her birthday. Of course Makenna pulled off on of the buttons in the tree!

I have some more pics, but it is getting late. Thanks again to everyone who came and helped make Makenna's first birthday a very special one. I can't wait for all the next ones to plan themes for! She is the best thing in my life along with Jesus and Brady. I truly cannot imagine my life without her. I just hope she will always let me cuddle her and love her and give her as many hugs and kisses as I want! Yeah right! Thanks again everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment