Monday, May 23, 2011

Coupons and more

So, I have been watching Extreme Coupons on TLC and have been reading a couple of different bogs/FB messages. And since I am an unemployed teacher who desperately needs to save money, I have decided to try this coupon thing. I have always tried to use coupons in the past to save a few bucks, but never really had a dire reason to. Well, after months of not much of an income and eating through our savings, I am gonna join in with the Krazy Coupon Mom, Coupon Bomb, and others.

Last week I got some great deals! I found deodorant at Walgreens for 49 cents each using manufacture's and store coupons. I also spend $44 or so and saved like $36 at Albertson's by only buying things on sale and using coupons. Unfortunately grocery stores in WF son't double or triple coupons, so I can't save as big as these other coupon queens, but I'm gonna try to do my best!

This is what I scored today!

On my debit card, I spend a little over $16, which isn't bad for this, but I really spent $8 because I immediately got back $8 for the contact solution, which ended up being free! Instead of spending $6 on hot dogs, I spend $2 using the B1G1 and a manf coupon. Walgreens was having some great coupon deals in this week's add. I have to go back and get Pure Silk shaving cream for 49 cents because they were sold out. I am also proud that I scored 3 boxes of cereal for about 1.25 each, when they are usually over $4 each! So instead of spending about $43, I spent $8 and some change!!! I need to mention that I also used $4 Walgreens cash I got last week from the deodorant, so I guess you can look at it like I spend $12 which is still good on this loot!

1 comment: