Monday, April 9, 2012

Deep in the Heart of Texas!


Of course we had to do our annual bluebonnet pictures.  Makenna loves the bluebonnets!  She thinks they are the most beautiful thing right now.  She always has to comment on how beautiful they are every time we drive down the road.  I put on their Easter outfits and headed out to Southerland's.  There is such a vast field of them there!  She was more interested in looking at them instead of the camera.  Caden didn't quite know what to think.  But like everything else, he tried to eat them!  I have been teaching KK how bluebonnets are the state flower of Texas and the laws that surround them.  She didn't care.



 I do love this smile!
 She finally looks at me.
 I love this one except for the bright spot on his head.  I love how his blue eyes really stand out!
 Wasn't quite sure about this.  He was more suspicious and intrigued than anything.
 I love this little boy so much!  I just melt when he looks at me like this!  He may realize soon that he can probably get away with many things with looks like these!
 I love how they are looking at each other.  Caden: Sissy, what are you doing and why are you in my spotlight?  KK: Oh Bubba!  I love you!
 KK: Mommy, I give Bubba a hug.  Me: Sure!
 His face doesn't show it, but they love each other so much!  She loves to give him hugs and kisses and he likes it!  

 He decided this might be kind of fun!
 Here is our other sweet Easter outfit.
 Curiosity got the best of him.
 This picture doesn't do the field justice.  It is lovely!
 Towards the end, we finally got a pretty good one.  I had to bribe her and tell her it was for her birthday invitations, to which I changed my mind later.
 In case we didn't get enough good ones, we took some at home. This is on the side of our house.


 She loves our purple flowers as well.  She also loves to pick them!
 This seems so sweet and precious to me!  I wish there wasn't weird shadows. 
 Her orneriness coming out. 
 Cheesy grin!

 Here is the front part of the flower bed on the side of our house and driveway. 
 Here is the side going to the back of the house.

It was a successful day with great memories captured!

1 comment: