Saturday, October 17, 2009

Little Longhorn

What a fun day today! First, we tried a new vegie today: sweet potatoes! It was like "I loved you at first bite!" She was attacking the spoon! I guess it was a little more tasty than the squash, which she has also been enjoying.



I am ready! Open wide!



She is trying to figure out how to get the spoon into her mouth! "If I stare at it long enough, maybe it will jump in on its own!"



Man this is good stuff!! She is eyeing the spoon and container. She can't get enough!
It was also a fun day because UT played OU and won! It had to be because Makenna wore her cheerleader outfit! We went to the Dodson's to watch the game. The Dodsons have a English Bulldog named Rosie. She is very sweet and doesn't know that she is a dog! She is always very curious about Makenna and wants to jump up and see her every time we have been over there. Now that Makenna is older, she has fun reactions to her environment. Rosie would sniff her feet and lick at them, and Makenna would laugh her head off! She thought it was H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S!!! So we spent a lot of time chasing Rosie so Makenna could pet her and laugh at her licks. It got to the point that Rosie, who can be over the top, would run away friom Makenna, acting almost scared of her! Makenna just laughed and laughed! I really tried to ger her giggles on video, but wasn't successful. When we got home, she giggled a lot more as we "attacked" her tummy. Although she didn't nap very much today, she sure was in the best of moods!
Makenna and her Daddy is having a good time cheering on the Longhorns! Nice cheesy grin, Dad!
She is looking down on Rosie and laughing!
She wants to reach out and touch her so bad!
If only she could walk/run, she would chase after Rosie! Rosie has had enough at this point.
All she wanted to do was play ball! She is smiling so big!

Makenna is so big sitting up!

Doesn't this look like a professional picture? Deborah did a very good job! I don't why that is underlined! I also really love this pic! Of course she is watching Rosie.


Mommy and Baby! We're haing a good ol' time! Please ignore my chessy grin. Mommy and Daddy have that in common sometimes!

It was also a great day because us girls went and got a blizzard! A real blizzard from a real DQ! Those are very hard to find. I got an oreo with cookie dough chunks. It was all that I hoped it would be, and more. I sure do miss those. In college, Deborah and I would go every Friday to Holliday to get one. They don't have a groccery store or Walmart (every town has that!), but they have a DQ! Good times!


Then we went to look for Makenna a hot pink tutu at a chic boutique, but they didn't have one, nor did they have anything in her size. So Deborah calls me later tonight and says that her wonderful mother-in-law, Judy, offered to make me one! How wonderful is she?! I didn't even know you could make them. I am very excited because I will be using it in Makenna's 6 mo pictures.


Can you believe she is turning 6 mo already? Yeppers! On Friday! She has her 6 mo wellness visit on Wednesday. Brady is taking her and I will have to meet them after school. I'm kind of nervous because he has never taken her. I have a plethera of questions to ask, so I am very anxious. I am also excited to see her weight and growth since last time. She is getting sooooo heavy! I have broken blood vessles in my arm from carring her carrier around today!


She is kind of getting over her little cold from the last 2 weeks. She never had a fever, and her snot was always clear, and she didn't really cough, so that is wonderful...Praise Jesus! I just feel so bad for her because it seems she has a hard time breathing sometimes. There is so much snot in there and I can't suck it all out. I use nasal drops, but that doesn't always work. I am ready for her to be well!

I have blabbed enough tonight, so I will end this. Hope you enjoy reading about my sweet family! Feel free to post comments and let me know your oppionions and tips about things. I enjoy getting feedback. For instance, I know you should feed a new food early enough in the day so that if the baby has a reaction, you can catch it. What if it is at 5:50ish and she goes to bed at 7:30ish? Is almost 2 hours enough time?

4 comments:

  1. Vanessa, it seems like so long since we have seen you all. We are going to see a big change in Makenna; she seems to be learning so much! She is just tooooo cute in her UT cheerleading outfit. Isn't it fun to see her reaction to different foods? It seems that she will not be picky about what she eats and that is a good thing.
    Thanks for all the news and pictures.
    Love, gmom

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow she is so cute!! Love the cheer outfit! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed you said you carry her around in her carrier. Have you ever tried a sling? They are a LIFESAVER!! and SUPER cute!! You can find them on this website: http://www.llli.org/, they also have lots of info/people to call if you ever need help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip! I actually do have a sling, but haven't used it in aa while. The last time I put her in it, she kept standing up and refused to relax in it. I looooved it when she was younger! I need to try it again. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete