Friday, October 23, 2009

Makenna's Half Birthday!!

Today Makenna turned 6 months old! I cannot believe that she was born half a year ago, and that in 6 more months my baby will be a year old! Oh my! It was been the best 6 months of my life! Being a mother is truly fulfilling. I'm pretty sure God called me to be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen. I want that 1950's mentality! So move over women's movement! JK!

Makenna was enjoying her sippy cup until she saw her Daddy toss a football up and down. It really got her attention. She loves her Daddy!


Makenna and Mommy's close-up.

What? I have a half birthday present? She really liked the paper!


What is it? I am so curious!

Hmmmmm.

An outfit Moni picked up in Seattle at a specialty shop. Makenna will definitely look unique and noone else will have one like it. Her first (and only) half birthday present!


Here is my journal Moni wrote for Wednesday, the day we had our 6 month check-up. She can now eat table food, yogurt, puffs, cereal, etc. She can also move to three meals a day and drink water out of a sippy cup. Eventually she will have her milk in a sippy cup at meals. She can also move to stage 2 foods. It has all happened so fast!

After I picked her up, we went shopping and met Daddy for dinner at Chile's. 2 for $20. Can't beat such a great deal! She is showing off her Juicy Coulture shirt GiGi got her in Vegas.


Here's the full outfit with her jeans Daddy picked out at Nordstrom off the Rack. Doesn't that sound like a place Brady would have a blast at?! He did a really good job! She is wearing boots for the first time.

Here is a close-up of her furry boots. It has been getting pretty chilly. I loooooove her mary jane socks, but am thinking it isn't enough to keep her footsies warm. So I picked up a couple of pairs of shoes at Babies-R-Us last weekend. I really love these because they are cream and can go with almost anything, and they are a nice sweater-like material that I think looks more classy than other boots. All for $11.99! What a great deal! She also didn't mind them.
Can't wait for her 6 month pics to be taken this weekend. Stay tuned!! There will be lots of treats for the eyes!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Half Birthday! I love your new blog look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is looking more & more like her mommy! So pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete