Monday, June 13, 2011

Great CVC Deals!

I've been trying to blog my coupon shopping deals but haven't been very good. I begin using the products before I take a pic. Yesterday I went to CVS and made a mistake. First of all I got a free $9 razor! It was on sale for $8, you get $4 RR and I had a $4 coupon. ow I had help from the Krazy Coupon Lady with this stuff. Well be careful if it says one per household. If it does, then you CANNOT get the extra RR, so I had to immediately return the 2nd one, which they put on a gift card. Same thing with my Cetaphil face wash. On sale for $8.29, you get $2 RR, and I had a $2 mfc coupon. So I got the first one for $4.29! Because of my goof with the one per household, I got the 2nd Cetaphil for only $6.29, which is still a good deal. I have to use that face wash being pregnant according to my OBGYN.

Below is what I got today at CVS at a different location.



A few weeks ago there was a great deal on these Suave products. Now I don't ever use Suave, but if I can get it dirt cheap, I most certainly will! The wash was on sale for $2 each, and the deodorant for $1. Plus if you spend $10 in Suave products, you get $3 RR back. Combine that with 2 BYG1 free body wash, and 2 $0.50 off deodorant, you end up paying $3.08, and get $3.00 back in RR. I actually spend $2.26 and got back $3 (I had some change left on a gift card from my mistake yesterday), so I made money!



I had another raincheck for these free Preparation wipes from a few weeks ago. On sale for $3.99, and you get $3.99 in RR, so FREE! Can't turn that down! There is also a deal with Tic Tacs where you buy 2 and get a third for 1 cent. Combine that deal with 3 $0.75 off 1 Tic Tac and they cost I think 4 cents a piece (I think that is what the Krazy Coupon Lady said). I used my RR from my previous purhase, so my total was 26 cents! And I received $4 in RR, so I made money!! That is an awesome deal! You can see there is a caramel. The rule is you can't have more coupons/RR than products, so there are these yummy caramels for 33 cents at the register to even it out.

So I have learned a lot of rules at CVC: pay attention when it says "limit 1 per household". This doesn't mean per transaction, it recognizes you when you scan your Reward Card. CVS does do Rainchecks, so get them!! I actually need to get two this week myself. There is a chance to buy free Motrin and Bayer asperin, but both locations were sold out. You can't have more coupons/RR than products. You may have to go to more than one location. It never hurts to ask them when their truck days are if your product is sold out.

Also very important, follow the Krazy Coupon Lady and couponbomb.blogspot.com. I actually went to school with Emily who is the Coupon Bomb, and she inspires me! There is also the DFW Coupon Mom that I sometimes look at. It's hard to figure it out on your own! 1 more good tip, get lots of inserts from the newspapers! I get them from several family members, Thank you GiGI, Grandmom, and Papa! I also go to several websites to print coupons off, like Target, Bettie Crocker, Coupons.com, and lots of others, including the product I want website. KCL will give you lots of links to find internet coupons.

Now that I have rambled on and on and on, I will leave you. I hope this all makes sense! It's helping us a lot and it is a lot of fun! Also, aren't you proud that I blogged 3 times today?! A new record for me! I still have a lot to blog but I will save that for later this week. I am about to get one of my tutees???? A student I tutor, I guess is called a tutee? Maybe I need to be tutored on terminology! So long friends and family!

PS I forgot to mention that I saved over $20 today! I spent less than $3 for over $20 worth of products!! And got $3 back in RR left over for my next purchase!!

4 comments:

  1. So cool, Vanessa!! So I see that you have a full time job after all!! LOL. Great job making money for your fam!! I on the other hand made the mistake of taking $40 of returns back to Targer... where I ended up spending $107 on clothes!! Terrible place--really cute girls clothes right now! Boys clothes too actually. I keep saying that I'm gonna buy consignment but the one I keep going to doesn't have much selection at all! I need to find one in a bigger town... Does Wichita have one? Maybe when I'm down in August, I can check one out. I definitely don't overspend compared to most people but I don't keep a good budget on clothes either! Elaina's clothes are my weakness!
    You should really be popping out here soon! Can't wait to see you all cute and pregnant!
    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant TargeTTT, not Targer... what's that?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a TargeTT and several consignment shops. One of the consignment shops doesn't accept clothes that are more than 2 years old. I haven't been in there, but thought about taking some stuff in, but my stuff is too old!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No...I didn't meant that I wanted to sell at consignment but I need to BUY stuff there instead of buying everything at retail! You know what the Duggars say...buy used and save the rest! I don't think I could ever do that for all of Elaina's clothes but I could do it more for the boys. I'm much less picky for them. ha!!

    ReplyDelete