Monday, June 22, 2009

First Father's Day Weekend

Makenna's newest outfit! I found it at Finishing Touch in WF. I just couldn't resist! There is a matching flower headband, but it is too big.



Well, we had a blast this weekend. It was another busy one with lots of events. I've decided we are done for a while! Before I forget, here is the link to all the pics taken by DeEdra. There are so many wonderful ones!! And some not so hot ones of me. Yikes! I need a better haircut, or I need to learn to fix it better! http://www.pictage.com/670411
It began Friday with our trip to Lowe's. A neighbor helped me to pick up a grill, bring it home, and set it up. So that when Brady got home after work Friday, he would see it on the back porch. I just couldn't wait until Sunday. I've never been very good about keeping these kind of secrets! Here is Brady and Makenna with her gift to him.

Later that night, we went to eat dinner at Chili's. Makenna was fabulous. For the first 15 minutes or so, she just stared at Brady, smiling at him. That was probably the best present. Then she slept the rest of the night. So we were able to also go get some super yummy icecream for BR. Then Saturday, we went to Mansfield for a relaxing day. The girls hung out by the pool, and the men went golfing. Then we cooked out burgers and chicken burgers. Makenna went swimming for real!

Here she is wiped out after lots of playing and crying.

After her little nap, she needed a diaper change. She was having a lot of fun being naked!

Here is Makenna with her Father's Day picture that includes her daddy (Brady), her Pops (Scott), and her Papaw (Joe). A 4 generation pic with 3 Collier men.

Here is Makenna with just her daddy and Pops.


Sunday we made it to church. It was Makenna's first time and she did very well. She slept all the way through Sunday School and Big Church for the most part. She even slept through lunch afterwards! For the past 2 weeks she has been sleeping in her crib at night up to 5 and even 6 hours...until Saturday night. She decided to wake up at 3:30, and again last night. She woke up at 2:30. I have to say I am a little discouraged. I thought we were making big progress, and now we have to nights in a row where she is off schedule. I'm praying it gets better this week! She has her 2 month doctor's apt tomorrow morning, and she will have to get her shots. Yikes! Hopefully it goes well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment