Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Shots, Shopping, and Stools ( many stools!)

Makenna turned 2 months old today. Whoooo how time flies! I always heard that, but now I truly understand! We went to the doctor. We have the best pediatrician ever! I have to give a shout out to Dr. Nash. You rock! :) Makenna was an even 10 pounds, which puts her in the 40%. Before, she was in the 10%. She is 22 1/4 in long, which puts her in the 50%. Unfortunately, she had to get 3 shots. It was horrible! I think it was almost worse for me. I felt so helpless. She was in pain and nothing I did helped her. She also made many doodles. One was so bad it was EVERYWHERE! Welcome to being a Mommy, right? I think it has something to do with the rectal thermometer. But she is all better now.


As I posted yeasterday, I got Brady a grill for Father's Day/ So we have decided to beautify the back porch. I went to look at some pots today. After 4 stores, I think I found what I want at Home Depot. They are fun bright colors. I also found a super cheap glider at Garden Ridge that I wanted to buy, along with a cushion that matches our curtains. Perfect! I will have to wait until Saturday to do anything so Brady can help. It's a little hard to carry out pots, a bench glider, and a baby carrier. It sure would be a neat trick! Maybe if I was super mom on steroids....Anywho, I'm excited about our project and first cookout this weekend. We are inviting our friends, the Dodsons. But they don't know it yet because they are out of town on a family vaca. It'll be fun!


I posted pictures yesterday of some family. Here are some more pics of Makenna with other family members.


Here is Meme (her great grandma), me, Makenna, Grandmommy (my mom), and Auntie D (my sister Deidra). Makenna looks super happy!




Here is Makenna with her Nana and Popsie (my other mom and my dad).





Here she is with Auntie D again.



Here is Uncle James.



Here is Aunt Kristen.


Here is her great Aunt Janet. She was always like a big sister to me growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment