Monday, June 15, 2009

Weekend Woes and Wonders






We had a fabulous weekend in WF this weekend. Lots of excitement. First, we enjoyed a cookout at the Kennedy's for Sam and Matt's birthday celebration. When Andrea came in to see Makenna for the first time, it sounded just like Makenna said "hi!" Three of us heard it...so it has to be true! This is one smart, advanced little girl. I know that all moms say that, but in my case, it is actually true! Then Saturday we went to our friend's house, The Bailey's, to take a birthday present to their 2-yr-old son, Collin, who is also Makenna's future husband. We totally have an arranged marriage! Here they are!




Then that afternoon, we went to the Cable's to continue the birthday celebration. Makenna had her first swim! She had an initial shock as seen here.




But once she got accustomed to the temperature, she didn't mind it. We had her decked out in her bathing suit, cover, sunscreen, and all we needed were her sunglasses which we left at home.






Isn't this an adorible family pic? Too bad Makenna isn't looking.


That night, we went to another birthday bash for Grandad who turned 76, and our cousin Heather...but I won't tell her age because I don't want to upset her. But she is young and beautiful and not 35! Makenna had a fabulous time getting held and being loved on. Afterwards, we headed back to the Cables to swim. This time I brought my bathing suit so I can get in the pool with Makenna. And wouldn't you know it, it begins lightening and raining. So then we head back over to my in-laws to beat the storm. It starts to get intense and the lights flicker. I mentioned flashlights and candles because I am anal like that. All of a sudden, the satellite goes out, then all power. Thank goodness for the candles! So now we are stuck with no tv or internet to track the weather. Furniture is being blown over outside. So Karen, Makenna and I head to the storm closet "just in case"...again, my analness coming out. So we're in the closet, no batteries for the clock radio. There is a portable tv, but it is analogue, not digital, which was turned off the day before. Then the men find a battery radio. But by this time, their camped out on the bed, asleep, and the females are in the closet, not being protected! When we left the next afternoon. there was still no power. I think they finally got it back Sunday night at midnight. And because there was no power, we had no electricity to get ready for church. That is my weekend woe. It would have been Makenna's first time to church. Overall, it was fun! Can't wait until next weekend with our first Father's Day celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment