Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Caden's Nursery

We got it painted! That was one of my goals before school started back. I knew I would not have the time or energy once school starts, and also, it won't be much longer until he is born after school starts. Below is the progress of the painting.



From the beginning, I wanted to do cream on top, blue on bottom, and a brown stripe in the middle. Paint was going to cost so much that I thought maybe I will just do all blue with a brown stripe. So I started to just paint the blue over what was a goldish, peachish color from the previous owners. Then Brady mentioned that our leftover paint from our living room actually matched Caden's bedding. So then I added the bottom tape for the stripe. Took a lot of measuring and time but worth it!



I have now taped off where my stripe will be. This took A LOT of measuring and time! But that is what I had my heart set on!



A completed project!



A completed project with the bed and bedding set up!! I topped off his room by painting all the door frames and baseboards. It really needed it!!! I have now painted every baseboard in my house almost!

I looooove it and could not be happier with the results. We have the big things done. Paint-check. furniture moved in-check. Bedding in-check. I can put up the valances later. I have to figure out drapes and a new curtain rod, but that will be easy to do. Also, completing the decor and wall hangings will be easy to do later. Can't wait for Caden to be here!

My sonogram is tomorrow. We are taking Makenna and I am so excited about it! It is really important to me to include her in on the process so that she knows Caden also belongs to her. I don't want her to feel left out or pushed aside in any way. I've been talking this up for weeks about how we will see him on a tv, but will be like a camera looking in Mommy's tummy. Not sure how much she understands, but very excited all the same. I want to try and record her response tomorrow, but not sure if that will be allowed. Will send more updates tomorrow...if I have time. I have 7 apts/events tomorrow, beginning at 8 AM for the one day Mardel teacher sale!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great!! Good for you for getting it done now!!
    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. The room looks amazing and I'm in love with the bedding!!

    ReplyDelete