Monday, July 13, 2009

Growin' like a weed..or a flower!


We had a very busy weekend! Makenna and I traveled alone to WF for the first time. She did very well and slept all the way there and all the way back. We went to Amy Berardi's baby shower. She is having a boy named Lawson. Here are some pics of Makenna and friends.



Before that, we went to Granny Mart and Papaw's. Pops came over too. We had lunch and hung out until the shower.
Friday night, the Dodson's came over for a cookout. We grilled steaks for the first time on our new grill and Brady did a FABULOUS job! They sure were yummy! Later, Deborah and I gave Makenna a bath. Afterwards, I massaged lotion on her as always, then went to put on her pj's. Her size NB that fit days before was an inch too short! Yikes! She has had a mega growth spurt. So Saturday evening, Deborah and I went to buy Makenna size 0-3 months pj's. I know what your thinking...Isn't she 2 1/2 months old? Yes, she is. But up until now, she has been wearing preemie and NB sizes. She is finally moving up! Which means that she can wear a bunch more of her clothes!

Last night, Brady and I gave her a real bath. This time we filled her little tub with water. She really liked it! She was kicking and splashing in it. We gave her some toys and she seemed interested. I can definitely tell she will love bath time! Today I went to Target (again!) and bought her an infant swing to attatch to our swingset. I can't wait to use it! She likes to swing, and she loves the outdoors, so I think this will be a big hit!

Here is her in her Bumbo sitting tall and pretty!


Today is my cousin Seth's b-day. He turns 16...I think! Happy Birthday!!

1 comment: