Sunday, July 5, 2009

Red, White, and Beautiful


This July 4th was Makenna's first! We had her dolled up in the perfect outfit from Gymboree. We just happened to find it on sale Friday and GiGi couldn't resist!





Yes these are feather things on top of her bow. And she is sitting up in the massage chair. Of course it is reclined back a lot!

We had a fun and relaxing day. We went to Jake's in downtown Fort Worth (it was on the Food Network show Drive-ins and Dine-ins). It was very yummy! Then we just hung out all day until fireworks that night. We went to our friends' house. The whole couldesac was out in the circle. Makenna watched the fireworks, kind of. I was actually nursing her when they began, and she didn't so much as flinch. Then we held her up to see the bright display, but she was looking around nonchallantly. I will have to add more pics from Deborah when I get them.

Above is while we were at Jake's. She sleeps at almost every restaraunt, the entire time!



It was also a very memorable night because deborah told us that she is having a baby!!!! I am sooooooo excited for them! Our babies will be about 10 months apart. I know the next 9 months will drag because I am so ready for Baby Dodson to be born! It has been a very exciting weekend! Funny story: when they told her nephews who are 4 and 7 (I think) that they are going to have a new cousin, they were confused and said "Baby Makenna?" I guess because we are like family...but really because "Baby Kenna" is the only one they know right now.

Here is Matthew, Deborah's oldest nephew. Last time he held Makenna, she tooted loudly on him!

Here is Daniel, the younger brother. This was his first time to hold Makenna. He did a fabulous job!!
Also, my baby sister, Deidra, turned 18! That is totally weird for me! She will be starting classes at University of Las Vegas this fall. Yea for her!

Today, we put Makenna in her high chair for the very first time. She tends to get upset when we put her down to eat dinner, so we figure that if we put her in her high chair next to us, she won't feel left out. It worked! She has a great one from Chicco. It leans back pretty far so she won't slump down. Then we decided to move it in front of the t.v. to let her enjoy her first experience. She watched a Baby Einstein Beethoven. She was mesmorized! I don't know what it is, but it sure captures the attention of babies. I think that she will be allowed to watch one 30 minute video a day or every couple of days. Maybe when she gets a little older we can go to 2 a day; one in the AM and one in the PM. I just don't want my children to be t.v. zombies (although Brady and I are!). I want them to grow up playing outside and being adventurous.

Here she is in front of the t.v. which is like the movie theater for her!


AWESOME news! Last night, Makenna went 8 hours between feedings and slept 7 1/2 hours!!!! We really enjoyed it! I always depend on Makenna to wake us up. Brady woke up at 6:30ish and we realized that she was still out. It was great! Hope this trend continues! I wonder how long she will go at 4 months of age? I am hoping when I start school, she could go from 9 PM to 6 AM. I guess that is doable?

2 comments:

  1. She is so sweet!!! I LOVE her 4th of July outfit!!! AND I'M SO EXCITED FOR DEBORAH AND KEVIN!!! Please tell them congrats for me!!!

    ReplyDelete