Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Relief!

So after several days of waking up @ 4 AM and even 3:30 AM, I called the doctor last night to see what they recommended (she also has had a rash). I talked to the on-call nurse and she recommended that I call today to schedule an apt. Before I could call, at 7:52 AM, they called me! They got me right in to see her. I have to say that I have the best pediatrician! It turns out that Makenna has eczema, but it isn't that bad. What has been bothering her is that she is in the early stages of teething! Dr. Nash felt two humps on her lower bottom. All we can do at this age is give her Tylenol. That is why she freaks when she nurses, and why whe wakes up so early. It worked last night with the medicine, so I am hoping tonight goes well.

We have a very busy weekend coming up. I think we are going to Bowie to meet for a mini family reunion and eating at a Tea Room. I thought it was a perfect set-up for Makenna to wear her precious blue dress again, so I plan on dressing her up in that again. I'm not sure when she will get to wear it again! (Wow I have used that word 'again' a lot!) She was almost 12 pounds (11 lbs 12.8 oz to be exact) today at the doctor. That is correct: she has gained almost 2 pounds in a month! Honorary Uncle Matt (he asked to be called that) is coming in from Kansas so that the boys can do their annual Fantasy Football live draft...oh puhlease! They are a little too into this! They even got a hotel room at a 5 star hotel in Grapevine..or is it a 4 star? Anywho, it is still silly! So Deborah and I will hang out and do something else, but can't go out to the movies like in the olden days. Makenna probably won't enjoy sitting through a movie. Although I enjoy Sandra Bullock, Makenna might not be a fan! So Maybe we will have to red box it Saturday night.

Sorry I have no pics to post, but I will have a lot from over the weekend! I may even have a video! Ta-ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment