Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sitting Up!

Today was Makenna's first day in a new nursery at a new church. We dressed her in this adorable outfit we got in Bowie (Yes, my new fave place!). She looked A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!! We took this outfit to a place in WF and they made a bow to match the outfit perfectly!

We are practicing sitting up like a big girl! Notice that Daddy's hands are not touching her. This was the end of several pics and she was starting to have enough.

Daddy is barely touching her back to help make sure she stays balanced. I think she is reaching for Mommy! She has been doing that this past week.She wants everyone to see her cute socks that go with the outfit. She's practicing her days as a shoe model!

Now she wants to show off her whole outfit! She's all ruffled up and ready to go!


She was so excited to be watching football....just like her Momma...right Pops?!


This is one of my faves! She is perfect! Again, I think she is reaching for her Mommy!


So for a few weeks now I have been meaning to go through her clothes and bag up what she can't wear anymore. I finally did that yesterday. It took a couple of hours. It's not that she grew real fast and went through a lot of sizes...she really jsut has that many clothes! This isn't even all of it! It may not look like a lot, but it really is! All ready to go for baby Dodson, or Makenna's little sister some day.
We started a new routine this weekend. We are now doing 3 1/2 hour feedings. So far it is working out. I think it will work with Emily this week if I give Makenna 6 oz bottles now. It also is more perfect b/c if it works, I will only have to pump at work 2x! That will really help matters. I will just have to rush home after school is out to nurse her btw 4:00 and 4:30 (keep in mind I have a 25 min drive home, so I have to book-it!). I have decided that in 2 Saturdays, when she is midway btw month 5 & 6, I am going to try a vegetable. I called her dr.'s office and talked to the advice nurse. She was a little helpful and gave some good advice. We have decided that whenever we start something new, it needs to be on a Saturday when we are with her all weekend to work out the kinks.
I am asking all who read this for help. I was told last week of a leaf nursing mothers can put on themselves to make more milk. It seems to have the opposite effect of cabbage. The person who told me about it didn't know what it was called. The pediatrician's office didn't know, nor did the people at Sprouts Farmer's Market. If you know, please comment! Thanks!!

2 comments:

  1. I love her in that little outfit!!! She looks too cute!! You forgot to mention that those cute baby clothes could also go to Makenna's future cousin one day!! You know, after baby Dodson gets to wear them! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her cousin(s) can definitely borrow her clothes!! :) Didn't mean to suggest otherwise.

    ReplyDelete