Sunday, January 31, 2010

9 Months!!

Family and Friends:


I am very sorry that I have not blogged in the last week or more. Makenna turned 9 months old two Saturdays ago. She had her apt last Thursday. She checked out great! She measure 18.12 lbs-50% in her weight, 70% in height, and 30% in head. She is falling beautifully along the curve. Dr. Nash felt her gums, said one felt a little swollen, so it could still be a while until we see a pearly white. We've been teething since she turned 3 months old!! When will we see 'em?! The poor baby had to get her finger pricked and enough blood squeezed out to fill two small tubes to do standard testing like for anemia. It was aweful!!! I had to hold her down and she absolutely did not like it. She gave me pitiful looks like "Mommy, why are you letting them do this to me?" It just broke my heart! But we made it through! Here is Makenna with Dr. Nash. Again, we have the best pediatrician in the world!!



Below is her battle wound from the finger prick. Surprisingly, the band-aid didn't really bother her that much.

I have some more pics and info to share. I will try and share that tomorrow. I've got to get a good night sleep for another busy week ahead.

Please pray for my Papa, Bill. He went to the emergency room yesterday for extreme abdominal pain. They ran some tests and think it might be related to his pancreas or gall bladder. They sent him home with nothing and told him to contact his regular dr. That will happen tomorrow hopefully! Pray that it isn't too serious and can be easily treated. Also, my cousin Scott is in CA in bootcamp for the Marines. Please pray for his well being and safety. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. We will be praying for Papa. I love Makenna;s outfit that she wore to the Dr. It is like the one you got Brock, right? I always get compliments on that one when people look through his closet. I can't wait for him to wear it!

    ReplyDelete