Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sunny Days, Keepin' the Clouds Away

Today was such a beautiful day! Makenna and I decided to go to the park. We had a great time going down the super tall slide. We haven't done that since she was about 4 months old or so. Then we swang together. I showed her how to pump her legs in and out. Then I put her in the baby swing. She looooved it! I stopped her at one point to take a good pic. She tried to pump her legs to make herself go! You can see it half way through the video. She is such a fast learner!!







I went to pick her up right at 4:00. She was asleep and had been for an hour. So I decided to go home, change clothes, and do some laundary until she woke up. At 5:00, I walked over there and had to wake her up! You might be saying, never wake a sleeping baby, but you don't understand. She took a 4 hour nap this morning from 8:30-12:30!! And Emily had to wake her up at 12:30! She has never done that before. She slept a good 11 hours as usual last night, so it's not like she should have been that tired. I guess she is going through a growing spurt. The last couple nights for dinner, she has had Easy Mac and loves it. She even had some pizza for lunch yesterday! It was a frozen pizza, not like Little Caesar's, but my first reaction was to freak out. That is what she wants to eat, and we are supposed to be moving in that direction, so I guess it it okay. I did try a stage 3 jar tonight: Earth's Best Spaghetti with cheese sauce. She loooooves pasta and cheese, so I figured she would love it, but she didn't show much interest in it. She prefered my penne noodles I cut up on her tray that she could pick up and feed to herself. She is a funny little girl!

Some new things she has picked up this last week or so is giving Brady and I big kisses on the mouth. She has done this in the past, but now she will wrap her hands around our neck, say "awwwwww" and plant a big wet one on us! It is sooo adorable and loving! It's my favorite part of the day, no offense to Brady! She has also started to prefer laying tummy to tummy on us and laying her head on our shoulders. Since day 1 she has been too busy and nosy to want to lay her head down on our shoulder, but she seems to enjoy that closeness now.

Well, I'm off to pump and go to bed. Sweet dreams!!

No comments:

Post a Comment