Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas Craziness!

Here are are Christmas celebrations documented below. I regret not getting more pics of family members, but know they did so I will have to steal theirs. Although we did document a lot on video. Our first celebration was the weekend before Christmas on the 19 & the 20th (my birthday!) with my dad. They came down from Arkansas to celebrate Makenna's first Christmas and my birthday. Nana and Popsie really spoiled her!

I only wish I got more pics of Makenna with her
Aunt K and Uncle J.
















Here is our array of nicely wrapped gifts. 9/10 of them are for Makenna!












Here are her gifts she unwrapped...with my help!







Below is what she found what Santa dropped off!

















I made a big Christmas breakfast for us which included chocolate chip pancakes. I made a heart shaped one (minus the chips) for Makenna. She ate a couple of bites.









Celebration #3 was at GiGi and Pops' house. We barely made it that day!












She really loved her rocking chair!



















Here she is in front of all her gifts.










This is why we were snowed in for 3 days! Makenna's first white Christmas!!
















Many of the drifts were very high!












She adores her Pops! She cracks up immediately when she sees him!

Notice her package pj's she is wearing on Christmas morning. She was the best present!








Lovin' her Pops some more!













Her stocking from Santa. She loved the Gerber cheetos the best I think!











Her rocking chair again.














What a nice family pic if I do say so myself!













Meo and Uncle Jo Jo got her this singing music maker that lowers to a sitting position or raises to a standing position. Makenna loooooved this!! Of course, her new fave thing is to stand, so this was perfect! Plus she really likes to make music.


Still can't crawl!












Another great family pic...I don't know how this got down here!













Her Aunti D!















They had a lot of fun. Deidra babysat Makenna so we could go celebrate Pops' 50th birthday!

There are like 15 totally cute pics of these 2! I wish I could post them all!








Celebration #5 (I didn't get any fam pics of #4) with Meme and Papa.













How cute!













Celebration #6...The last one! We are at Grandmom and Grandad's. What a house full of fun! She had a blast watchng her boy cousins wrestle and beat each other up. I have to say even the adults were amused!


I wish I got more pics here, I think GiGi did though.



Thanks everyone again for helping to make wonderful memories for my sweet baby girl! Can't wait until the next one. She will really get into it!! Maybe she will even be wrestling with her boy cousins!

Today's news: Makenna still won't eat. She refused to eat her lunch today at noon. She screamed when she was put down in her highchair. She fell asleep from 12:15 to 2:00. Woke up, say Connor eating a grilled cheese sandwhich, decided she needed that, and so ate half a grilled cheese sandwhich herself! What am I to do?! She ate a little dinner for me of rice cereal a apple chicken. Way after her dinner, I was eating mine, 3 cheese tortellini with alfredo sauce. She decided she needed my food. I gave her a little bite, and she loved it and wanted more. Next thing, Brady was taking a drink of ice cold water out of his glass and Makenna needed a drink so bad. So she drank from the glass. She is 8 months going on like 10 years old! Why does she think she is bigger than she is? How can I get her to eat normal, healthy food? Do I force her baby food on her, or find alternatives like a grilled cheese?! Help!!

3 comments:

  1. I like the picture of her standing by herself. I have never seen her do that! The big toy with the elephant on it looks fun! I'm glad yall had so much fun in Wichita Falls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My advice about the eating thing is just....haha....who am i kidding, Cooper is the pickiest little stinker around. At least she likes big people food. The only trick i have is to mix veggies in his speghetti. Looks like homegirl is over baby food and ready to move on to real food!! I say...go for it!!! = )
    AND.....is she not the spitting image of you??? Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vanessa, I see you have a little problem on your hands with the refusal of baby food before teeth! I've been trying to think what I did which was a long time ago. For one thing, you might add a little salt to her baby food, take it out of the jar and make it look as if she was eating off your plate. For the baby fruits, you might add a little honey to make them a little more tasty. Also, have you tried the transitional foods which are a little lumpy? I'm sure you have. Seasoning is just so important to the taste so I'm sure that's why she is rebelling.
    This is one of those things where you say, "This, too, shall pass." No baby has ever starved to death when there was food available. I feel for you.
    Love, gmom

    ReplyDelete