Sunday, January 10, 2010

Food for Thought

Thanks for the comments! I realized that some adult food is better than no food! Here are some of the foods she has decided to eat this week instead of her own food: half a grilled cheese sandwich, stew with beef and carrots and potatoes, three cheese tortellini with alfredo sauce, spiral pasta, chow mein noodles, and I can't think of what else. I have to say that I was not there for half of it. She still really loves her fruit and cereal, so that is good. We learned that when she is upset, just give her some yogurt melts or cheese puffs and her juice and she is happy as a lark!

Some other grown up things she is trying is standing. Lately, so doesn't so much want to be in her bouncer as she does in front of it, standing up, holding on to it. She is testing the waters with how strong she is. She will let go with her right hand, then at the same time grab again with her right, and release with her left. She will go back and forth forever like this. Last night, I took her socks off and had her stand without holding on to anything. She stood for a good 30 seconds! I was really impressed. I tried to make her crawl again today, and she wouldn't have it. She just rolls over. She would rather stand and walk. She can kind of pull up. If she is sitting on the floor, she can't pull up. But if she is sitting on a little something, like part of my leg, she can pull herself up.

Thursday we had a bad weather day so Makenna and I got to snuggle up and have quality time all day! It was great!! Friday when she went back to her sitter's, Emily's house, she got to not only play with the two brothers, Connor and Dillon, but their older brother Jarron who is in preschool. When I got there to pcik her up, she was laughing, and in the best mood ever! The boys, especially Jarron, was hugging and kissing on her and she like it! It doesn't need to be said, but Makenna really likes getting a lot of attention! The boys were sad she had to go. This moring when we dropped her back off at the nursery at church, she freaked again! It was bad. I am so glad that she does not do this with Emily or I would have to not work I guess. It was not good. It is weird because she just started it 2 weeks ago. She has always been okay being left in the church nursery (she had been to 3) before. When we walked into the foyer, she started to pout. It really broke my heart! I hope this does not go on forever!

1 comment:

  1. Vanessa, what would you think of entering Makenna in the Regis and Kelly Beautiful Baby contest? The pic of her in the hot pink tutu and pearls would just have to win.

    ReplyDelete