Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I'm the Next American Idol!

I have to admit that I really enjoy watching AI. Tonight I didn't really see anyone that really stood out. I am rootin' for Vanessa Joe from last week. She was the blond bridge jumper from Tennessee who got her dress from the Dollar Store for $4.50. My heart broke for her and I want her to make it! Plus she has the best name ever! 24 also started back up with lots of intensity. The last scene from last night gave me the chills and made me a little sick! Can't wait until Thursday for the Office!!!

We had a busy, but awesome weekend celebrating Deborah, Kevin, and Baby Brock. It was one of the loveliest, most eloquent showers I have ever been to. I had the honor of helping to host it for my sweet friend.

Makenna may be teething for real this time. Friday, Karen, my mom-in-law, came down and spent some time with Makenna. She was sleepy all day, a little blah, and had a 100.8 temp. Gave her some Tylenol and the fever went away. There were no other symptoms at all. I read through my books last night and they said that it is a myth that a fever can be caused by teething, and that it is just a coincidence. A fever always indicates an infection or virus. I am not so sure I agree with this, nor do any moms that I talk to. But no pearly whites poking their heads out yet. She has been happy all weekend though. Lots of clapping, motor boating, saying "dadda", bouncing, and laughing. Her new favorite game is to see how long she can stand by herself. I took a video of her at her music machine. Of course I couldn't capture her singing in her microphone. She discovered that her voice echoes through it, and she kept kinda yelling into it. I think she is practicing for her AI audition!!


Sunday night, we went to eat dinner at the Black-Eyed Pea. I ordered the vegie plate so that Makenna could try some of my food. I tried to feed her food to her first. She wasn't very interested in her cereal or green vegie. She absolutely loved my mac-n-cheese, whipped sweet potatoes, green beans, and pieces of chicken. She is growing so big! Tonight I made her some Easy Mac to add to her dinner. She loved it of course! What kid doesn't?! She had a hard time picking it up because it was so slimy, but most of it made it into her mouth. I helped her eat some since I also love it! I'm adding more and more big people food each week. She still absolutely loves her breakfast of banana oatmeal and fruit of some sort, and her afternoon Yo-Baby yogurt. I think I may begin weaning her. I only pumped 2 and 1/2 oz of milk today...the whole day! I was hoping for her to go from me to cow's milk, but I made it pretty far and am thankful Makenna got the best for the first 9 months of her life. I am really nervous about weaning!

The vote is in...Scott Brown (R) won the Senate seat in MA!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Go Makenna! She is going to have her own ideas, isn't she?! I can't wait until she starts talking. I think she'll be leading Logan around one day. ha!
    I wanted to cry tonight when they announced Scott won!!! Just gives me so much hope for our country!!!

    ReplyDelete