Monday, April 4, 2011

April wind....I mean showers...

It is soooo crazy windy!!!! What happened to the nice calm showers to bring May flowers?

Well, a lot has been going on since I last blogged. Makenna has the flu, then pneumonia, the Brady and I a stomach bug or food poisoning. I've been planning for Makenna's birthday which is right around the corner. April 23, that is in 2 Saturdays!! I just about got everything completed except the cupcake liners and toppers. This will be a cupcake themed party!! We are doing it low key this year. Keeping it fun and simple and home-made.

Also, we are expecting another baby!!!!! The due date is Oct 18. I should find out end of May what we are having. I will be 12 weeks tomorrow, Tuesday. I am so excited to be out of the first trimester. I keep having horrible dreams about miscarrying and it scares me to death. I am a very open book, but some stuff I keep very private and don't consider it blog material. I will go ahead and share since this is a happy time and I feel I am a little more recovered that I had 3 miscarriages last year. One in April right before Makk's first birthday, Sept 25, and Dec 10. It was very heartbreaking and I wish no one would ever have to suffer through losing a child, no matter what stage you are at. It was a really difficult year for me last year dealing with those, plus moving, job changing, etc. But I am praising Jesus that I am pregnant again and just hoping everything will be perfect and smooth and easy like it was with Makenna. I don't think I could handle losing another child.

Speaking of the job change, my position as a library aide was cut due to a shortfall in the budget. I really really need a full time job with benefits, preferably teaching. That is a big prayer request. Financially, I have to have a job, and as quick as possible. I applied to be a summer teacher in June, but haven't heard back from that yet. I'm hoping that will work out.

There are just so many things to say and so many pics to show, that I will have to do it in multiple blogs.

A couple more things I ask your prayers on besides the health of this child and a job are directions for Brady's (and my) ministry opportunities, and my friend Jessica who is hosting an Autism Run for the first time. This has never been done in Wichita Falls, and Jessica and another lady are taking on this wonderful task. It will be the last weekend in April, the 30th, at Wichita Lake Park off Fairway. There is a run or walk you can do. They also need sponsors and volunteers to hand stuff out or hold signs. April is Autism month, so I hope that everyone can get involved, even if it's just offering prayers! More to come!!

3 comments:

  1. Praying for you a job girl! God is not limited by our budget shortfalls and will meet your needs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for your sweet baby! We had 2 miscarriages before Whitten! It's crazy how Cooper was just "thought" about and was here without any problems. But our second baby took some heartbreak before we got him. And who ever knew teaching jobs would be so hard to come by! This is just craziness!!!!! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete