Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday, Makenna!!!

I cannot BELIEVE that Makenna is 2!!! These last two years have absolutely flown by! She is not a baby anymore, but a little girl!

There are many things that she can do that she couldn't a year ago. She loves to hop around, run, climb (even very tall ladders!). She can id her alphabet letters and many of the sounds, count to 13ish, knows what circles are and kind of triangles, can sing songs like Twinkle Twinkle and Jesus Loves Me. She really loves music and art. She is very creative! She like to take old toys or things around the house and invent new things with them.

She loves girlie things! She loves all kinds of jewelry, mostly the expensive ones!! Looooves my shoes and boots. Not only can she put on my shoes, she also knows how to put on my bra (Yikes!), and make-up. Just this morning she grabbed my eyeliner and put it on her eyelid. No, I don't allow her to wear make-up, she just is VERY quick and sneaky!!

She talks allllllllthe time! She can say anything and everything! She will repeat whatever you say, so be careful! She really likes to narrate our lives. As I, let's say, get dressed, Makenna will dictate what I'm doing exactly while naming my articles of clothing. It's really funny. Also, 3 weeks ago, Brady got a haircut and we went with him. Ever since then, Makk keeps saying "Daddy Haircut." Sometimes she will even rub his hair while saying it! She hasn't given that up.

Everyday she does funny and really smart things and I tell myself to blog it, or remember it later to blog, but of course, I can't remember now.

Last night our good friends the Dodsons came up from Fort Worth to spend the night and hang out. Deborah made the absolute cutest cookies for the party. See the pic below. Makk and Brock played together a lot and got along well. We got Makk a table and chairs for her birthday, and gave it to her this morning. She sat down, then pointed to the other chair and said, "Brock chair." She wanted Brock to sit with her! I though that was so sweet!

She also likes to tell us who she loves. She will say very clearly, "I love Mommy. I love Daddy. I love Baby. I love Jesus." My heart just melts, especially when she loves Jesus! She really likes to read her Bible. She will get her Bible and tell me "Read Bible." Sometimes she wants me to read it, and other times she will "read" it herself. I guess that is all for now until her party. I guess I will upload some pics we have so far of the weekend! These are from this morning when they woke up, so still in pajamies. Can you tell that cupcake is the theme of the party?!





1 comment: