Sunday, November 22, 2009

Christmas Time Phase 1

We put up our tree tonight! I am sooo ready for the Christmas season! All the smells, food, and shopping to buy people the perfect gifts! Dr. Seuss's The Grinch Who Stole Christmas was on t.v. tonight and helped to put me more in a decorating mood. I have a fetish about Christmas movies. I love them!! We did some shopping this weekend and got some really cute things! Tomorrow we are going to the mall to see Santa! I am meeting 4 other friends with their kids for lunch, then we will see Santa. I searched yesterday for the perfect shoes and found them at Nordstrom Off the Rack. I found the perfect velvet bows today at Kids to Kids in Keller, plus some black tights. Karen, my wonderful mother-in-law who is always planning ahead, bought Makenna the cutest Christmas dress back in January on mega clearance!

Here is her cute dress below!
Tonight I introduce Makenna to apple juice. She loooooved it!!! I didn't give her very much, and of course added lots of water. She sucked it down! I also introduced Apricots and Apples, which she loved. When it came time for her 4:00 snack which is yogurt, I had to give her my strawberry shortcake Yoplait yogurt. I had planned on going to the store to buy her more Yo Baby, but we fell asleep together during the window of time I had, and woke up right at 4. So all I had was my strawberry shortcake. She had never tasted anything like it before, but she absolutely looooooved it! Afterwards, I did go to the store and buy more Yo Baby. I debated btw the strawberry-banana/strawberry-apple pkg, and the vanilla/banana pkg. I went for the latter because I know she loves it.

She barely would take her sippy cup out of her mouth!


See, I didn't give her very much of it.

Makenna also took a little nap with Daddy today during the Cowboy game while I went bow shopping. She enjoyed watching until sleep got the better of her. Of course Daddy did not sleep!
I have had a dilemma about getting her a stocking. I have looked in many stores and online. I haven't found the perfect one yet that I want to have monogrammed. As I lay in bed at 6 AM this morning nursing Makenna, it hit me. I can make it! I don't know why I couldn't do it. Find a pattern, cute it out, sew it....A cinch! So I have been designing it in my head all day. I am hoping to make it this week. I guess we will see!

2 comments:

  1. Give me a call.
    I've made many.
    The bassinet is almost done!
    Cyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot sew at all but I would love to hear how you make the stockings! Every single year since Elaina was born, I've had a dilemma with stockings! I can't find the perfect one, and I really want to find stockings I love and have them monogrammed with all of our names! So I hope you can figure it out and inspire me! We just have generic plain stockings now and it makes me sad every year next to all of my Cmas decorations that I like so much.
    Also--I loved the dress! So so cute! We can't wait to see you on Wednesday! Hope that still works out but if not, we'll see you on Thanksgiving for sure!

    ReplyDelete