Tuesday, November 10, 2009

What a Mess!

Makenna decided that she was going to be very messy Sunday night! I love her look here. Who me? I didn't do anything.

Here are some pics from the birthday party on Saturday. I didn't get very many and the kids wouldn't cooperate. Here is a series of pics of Makenna in her party hat. Carrie is helping to hold her. The first one Makenna is sitting by herself.






You can see orange stains all over her dress above. As soon as we got in the car and got buckled in, she spit up her lunch! I didn't care at this point. I just tried to wipe most of it off and got goin'.

Not a lot of exciting things has happened the last couple of days since she was drenched in Dr. Pepper! She really tried to eat my Chipotle tonight. She even stuck her hand in my burrito and grabbed some filling! She didn't eat it though. I did put a pin drop of guacamole (without any other add-in) on my finger and put it in her mouth. She didn't care much for it. She will be 7 months old on the 23rd. Should I be giving her some stage 2 foods with meat now? Her dr said we could move on to that, but not sure exactly when. I am considering giving her her first meat meal of turkey on Thanksgiving. I thought it would be appropriate. I know that I have seen those baby food jars of turkey and stuffing. That stuff stinks that worst though! Any thoughts?

Happy Veteran's Day tomorrow! I am very thankful for all the men and women who have sacrificed to keep our country safe and to protect our freedoms, including my Papa who served in the Navy during the Korean War. Thanks Papa for your hard work and sacrifice! I love you! My cousin Scott will be going to bootcamp in January to be a Marine. I pray continually for his safety and am very proud of his selfless choice!

1 comment: