Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Other Random Pics from the Past 2 Weeks

I totally meant to post this blog on Thursday...Friday at the latest. Ooops! It has been very busy as usual. I will go ahead at share events from the weekend. We went to a birthday party for a boy turning 1 and Makenna got to wear a party hat! It was cute! Saturday night, we went with Kevin and Debo to IHOP to eat dinner. I have been dying to try the Holiday Pancakes! I had gingerbread and they were delicious!! You know that fear that every mother has while out to eat about a waiter or waitress dropping a tray of food or drinks on their baby? Well it happened! Our waitress totally dropped a Dr. Pepper on Makenna! Luckily the glass didn't fall on her. It stayed on the tray and most of the ice cold drink and ice cubes fell in her lap. I am very thankful nothing landed on her head, and that it wasn't anything hot! I could have easily freaked out, but I didn't. The waitress freaked out WAY more! She felt awful, and I felt bad for her. Makenna cried a little I think out of shock and the cold wetness on her legs. I picked her up, stripped her down, and she was happy as a lark! Luckily I had a whole other outfit complete with a new bow in her bag and everything was good again. We had to completely dump her carrier out and wash her cover, but in the long run, it all turned out fine.

Here is Makenna with Abby, Granny Mart and Papaw's dog a couple of weekends ago. Makenna enjoyed playing with her!

It looks like they are having a staring contest. I think Makenna won!

One lazy Saturday we sat around in our comfy p.j.'s and played!


She was sooo happy!


She was loving relaxing with her Daddy. She kept patting him to make sure he was still there.





This is our first time to ever use our portable seat. I received it at a shower from a lady who is a grandma and she said they are wonderful. The previous weekend (2 weekends ago) I had to feed Makenna standing up at the Dodson's house. So last weekend we took this chair to the Norris's to feed her. It was great and it takes up hardly any space to travel with. Makenna wasn't so sure about it, but that is because she just wants to be held.


Tonight we went to Target to exchange 24 season 6 for season 7 because I bought the wrong one. Unfortunately they didn't have it which is a big bummer because they were on sale for $12..99 each. Amazing! Today it was back up to $37.99. Anyway, I was just browsing at the kids movies and I discovered a movie I have been searching years for!!!! Disney's a Christmas Carol!!! I loved that movie when I was a youngster and wanted it for my children. I searched really hard last year at every store, and on Amazon. I can't believe that I found it tonight! It seems silly, but it just made my week! I am sooooo ready for the Christmas season! I want to put our tree up so bad and decorate, but Brady won't let me until Thanksgiving week. I wonder how Makenna will like everything and if she will be crawling by then and get into everything......

3 comments:

  1. She is seriously such a doll. I cna't wait to hold her!!!! I love the pajama pictures. Looks like a fun day with the girls! Made me miss my days alone with my girl... just for a second though. Couldn't imagine life wihtout my boys!

    ReplyDelete